Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Discussion Question #25: Mission Critical

When I first clicked on the "Mission: Critical" link, I wasn't exactly sure what I was supposed to do. After realizing it's a general review of pretty much all the concepts we've been covering, I immediately bookmarked it. This general page works as a very effective review approach for earlier concepts such as "ambiguity/vagueness" to concepts such as "inductive reasoning" and other forms that we've been discussing as of late. The website lay-out is very simple in it's "table of contents" format, as it makes it very easy to navigate.

I ended up reading through some older concepts and completing the example portions for some of them. I also read through most of the individual links, as I realized I needed to brush up on some of the earlier stuff after trying to attempt some of the examples provided. All in all, this site is exactly what everyone needs to have on hand just in case you need to refresh your memory.

2 comments:

  1. I agree that the website should be bookmarked by our classmates. It has most of the general concepts that we learned in the past readings. There was my favorite concepts such as ambiguity, vagueness, and the different fallacies. The site was in a simple format which was organized for me to find what I wanted to look for. There were a few concepts that i was not familiar with but the site did give a general review on other fallacies that we did not learn. The quizzes were also helpful in helping me understand the concept more. The site definitely boosted my memory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, great post. I also agree with you that this website is a great for refreshing our memory of the materials that we have cover in class. I did several of the exercises that were provided in this website and found them to be very helpful. I also agree with you that this website is very easy to navigate because when I first clicked on this website I found the materials that I was unfamiliar just by skimming through it easily. Anyways, I also agree with ET that this website probably should be bookmarked by our classmate because it could probably help us out on our next quiz or test.

    ReplyDelete